Dr. Àngel Cid Pastor
The Dean is appointed by the Rector of the University at the proposal of the School Council and represents, leads and manages the School with the assistance of his/her management team. Article 75 specifies all of the Dean's functions.
977 55 85 45
Dr. Antonio Moreno Ribas
The Vice Dean carries out the functions with which he is charged by the dean and, in the event of the dean's absence, will temporarily assume his/her functions.
977 55 96 81
Dra. Aïda Valls Mateu
The secretary is responsible for writing and keeping the minutes of the School Council and for issuing certificates of the agreements that are approved by the School and the certificates required for the administration of the School.
977 55 96 88
The head of the program works under the direction of the dean of the school/faculty in which the course is taught and is in charge of academic programming, coordinating the materials and human resources needed to deliver related courses, monitoring the quality and the improvement plans of these courses, and formulating the corresponding proposals. The number of heads of the programs in the ETSE is five, this number being set by the Governing Council for each school or faculty.
Degree in Biomedical Engineering (GEB)
Dr. Alfonso José Romero Nevado
977 55 96 22
Degree in Industrial Electronics and Automation Engineering (GEEIiA)
Dr. José Luis Ramírez Falo
977 55 97 04
Degree in Electrical Engineering (GEE)
Double degree in Electrical Engineering and Electronic, Industrial and Automatic Engineering
Dr. Francisco González Molina
977 55 86 03
Degree in Telecommunication Systems and Services Engineering (GESST)
Double degree in Biomedical Engineering and Telecommunication Systems and Services Engineering
Dr. David Girbau Sala
977 55 86 68
Degree in Computer Engineering (GEI)
Double degree in Business Administration and Management and Techniques for Developing Web and Mobile Applications
Dr. Luis Alexandre Viejo
977 55 88 76
Degree in Mathematics and Physics Engineering (GEMiF)
Dr. Juan Alberto Rodríguez Velázquez
977 55 85 11
Degree in Techniques for Developing Web and Mobile Applications (GTDAWiM)
Double degree in Biotechnology and Computer Engineering
Dr. Carlos Molina Clemente
977 55 85 09
In addition to these statutory bodies, the centre has a series of Masters' coordinators. These individuals work in conjunction with the management team and are responsible for academic programming, coordinating the material and human resources needed to deliver one or more Masters' programmes. The ETSE Masters' coordinators are:
Master's Degree in Artificial Intelligence (MIA)
Domènec Savi Puig Valls
977 55 85 15
* Dr. Antonio Moreno temporarily assumes MIA's coordination tasks
977 55 96 81
Master's Degree in Computer Engineering and Mathematics (MECMAT)
M. Dolors Puigjaner Riba
977 55 96 63
Master's Degree in Industrial Engineering (MEI)
Roberto Giral Castillón
977 55 96 20
Master's Degree in Computer Security Engineering and Artificial Intelligence (MESIIA)
Susana Álvarez Fernández
977 55 96 93
Master's Degree in Electrical Vehicle Technologies (MEVTECH)
Enric Vidal Idiarte
977 55 96 22
Biomedical Data Science (MBDS)
Sergio Gómez Jiménez
977 55 85 08
The School Council is the governing body of the School of Engineering. It is a statutory body and has, among others, the following specific functions:
- Electing and deselecting the dean or director
- Approving the School's general lines of action
- Approving the annual report of the School's activities
- Elaborating and proposing modifications to the School's regulation project
- Drafting, approving and, if necessary, modifying the course curricula
- Supervising the running of the courses and the activities of the School's teaching staff
- Guaranteeing the academic progress and learning of the students so that they achieve the objectives set out in their study plans
- Approving and applying the students' tutoring and monitoring programmes
- Guaranteeing the quality of teaching, services and student care
- Proposing postgraduate programmes
- Planning the use of economic resources, establishing the general directives for administering these resources and receiving periodic reports regarding the decisions adopted by the dean or director
- Assigning material resources to the School's departments in accordance with the teaching programme and article 78.1
- Providing information on the departmental proposals relating to the School's teaching staff in accordance with article 78.1
- Providing information on the needs of the teaching staff in accordance with their teaching plans and the departmental proposals regarding the creation of new teaching posts and filling of vacant posts
- Constituting delegated committees and other assessment bodies
- Proposing the full member and support members of the teaching staff that are to make up the teaching staff recruitment committees, in accordance with article 177 of this Statute
- Approving the admission of teachers to the School
- Carrying out all the other functions required of it by this Statute and by the regulations
The regulation of ETSI, in its Article 5 states:
- The School Council consists of 50 members.
- The School Council is comprised of the following:
- a) The director of the center, the assistant director, in charge of education and secretary.
- b) The heads of department who are responsible for a teaching equivalent to at least a third of the total burden of some of the teachings ascribed to the ETSE.
- c) Representatives of 31 members of the teaching and research linked to the center, including ex officio members provided in paragraphs a) and b), elected by this group and between this. This representation includes:
- 26 faculty members with permanent links;
- 5 faculty members with no permanent ties
- d) In the case of not having enough candidates among teachers with no permanent ties vacancies may be filled by candidates of teachers permanently linked doctor by this group and between it.
- e) Representatives of 13 students at a rate of one for each of the teachings ascribed to the center, and the rest to complete the total at the rate of one for each additional education according to the largest number of students enrolled chosen by this group and between them. In the case of endangered lessons, students will be grouped with these new teachings related subjects.
- f) A representative of six members of the administrative and services staff at the center, elected by this group and between this.
- Eligible members of the School Council are renewed every four years, except for students, who are each two, notwithstanding the possibility of other elections to fill vacancies.
Validations and Adaptations Committee
This committee is referred to by article 121.3 of the URV's Statute. The School Council approved its constitution by the heads of the program. Its function is to review applications for recognition and to make the necessary recommendations to the director of the School, who makes any final decisions in accordance with article 121.2 of the Statute.
School's Electoral Committee
The School's Electoral Committee is in charge of organizing, controlling and publishing the results of the electoral processes that affect the School and the Department of Computer Engineering and Mathematics and the Department of Electronic, Electrical and Automatic Engineering. The committee is regulated by article 14 of the Electoral Regulations of the URV. Its composition is as follows: the director or designated assistant director, the secretary of the School, and a representative each of the teaching staff, students and administrative and services staff, all designated by the School Council.
Quality and Strategic Planning Committee
The Quality and Strategic Planning Committee is made up of the School's management team, master coordinators, the management support officer and the teaching quality officer, the directors from both the Department of Electronic, Electrical and Automatic Engineering and the Department of Computer Engineering and Mathematics, and a student. The committee is responsible for promoting the implementation of the School's Quality Management System and the creation of teams to handle the results of any reviews and assessments carried out. It also establishes who will participate in the planning and monitoring of the Quality Management System, and also acts as one of the internal means for communicating the system's policies, objectives, plans, programmes, responsibilities and achievements. The commission is responsible for designing the actions and indicators of the strategic plan, monitoring the actions taken and evaluating the results obtained.
The Teaching Council is one of the new bodies created as a result of the URV's new Statute. In accordance with article 92 of this Statute and article 28 of the School's Regulations, the Teaching Council is to assist the head of the program in fulfilling their functions and is made up of all the School's full time teaching staff.
The Assessment Council is the School's consultant body and is referred to in article 93 of the URV's new Statute. In accordance with article 29 of the School's Regulations, there is only one assessment council for all the courses, and it is made up of physical and legal persons from outside the University and linked to the courses taught at the School. Its principal task is to work to bring the School's study plans and the students' abilities in line with those required by the labour market.
The School tries to ensure that this council is made of notable people from all the ambits related to its qualifications so that they can contribute their experience and knowledge of the world of work.
Currently, Council members are, Carles Rovira of the Associació d'Empreses de Serveis de Tarragona, Carlos Zaplana of T-Systems, Daniel Reseco of Roche, David Gámez of Lear, Emili Anglès of Kellogg, Eva Martí Pi of the Associació Nuclear Ascó Vandellós II, Sergi Novo of the Clúster TIC Catalunya Sud, Hugo Padilla of CISCO, Joan Enric Carreres of the Consell Social of the URV, José Manuel Barrios of IDIADA, Josep Boqué of Medtronic and Pere Marc Franquet of Essity. On behalf of the School, the ETSE Management Team and degree and double degree coordinators.