External work experience
Are you a business? Go to business space
What are the practicals?
The ETSE's strategic aim is for its students to acquire in-depth knowledge of a business organization so that they can combine their theoretical knowledge with practical skills, confirm the theory they have been taught in the classroom and, by the time they finish their studies, already have some experience before they join the professional world.
The students achieve these objectives, among others, by carrying out practicals as part of cooperative educational agreements, which allow the student to gain work experience in a company or public or private entity. This training must be based on activities that are closely related to their course of study because it forms part of the student's overall education both professionally and academically.
During the practicals, students are protected by the educational cooperation agreement that regulates the relation between the student, the company or institution and the university. All three parties have to sign the agreement and receive a copy of it.
In order to carry out these practicals, the student must meet two requirements:
1. Curricular practices:
- Be enrolled in the course syllabus set (o Placement and Placement II).
- Have passed 120 ECTS at the time of applying for a stay in practice. In the case of the double degree of Biotechnology and Computing Engineering students must have passed 144 ECTS. This requirement is not required in the case of the master.
IMPORTANT: curricular practices are optional, so the fact that the course enrolled / will not guarantee that the student can perform internships. For this reason, the ETSI recommended to students before enrollment to ensure that they have a place to stay in practice.
2. Extracurricular practices:
- Having current enrollment in a school teaching the course in which the practices are carried out.
- Have passed 120 ECTS at the time of applying for a stay in practice. In the case of the double degree of Biotechnology and Computing Engineering students must have passed 144 ECTS. This requirement is not required in the case of the master. Students who have completed all credits required for the degree may apply to extracurricular internships until the end of the academic year.
The duration of the internship curriculum is in accordance with the corresponding curriculum. All curricula degree have two practice subjects of 6 ECTS each:
- a. Prácticas Externas I 6 ECTS (stay in business between 129 and 150 hours)
- b. Prácticas Externas II 6 ECTS (stay in business between 129 and 150 hours)
- The duration of extracurricular internships should not exceed a fifty per cent of the academic year (750 hours), excluding students that perform them during the stay Final Degree or Master. In that case, the dureation of internship can be a maximum of 950 hours.
- The duration of extracurricular internships may not exceed fifty percent of the academic year (750 hours), except that the student performs during the stay Final Degree or Master. In this case, the duration of the internship can be a maximum of 950 hours.
- The placement agreed to annex the agreement can not include more than one academic year.
The remuneration of the practices is considered a study aid not a salary.
The curricular external practices can be remunerated, if agreed by the teaching center and the collaborating entity, company or institution.
Extracurricular external practices are remunerated. The minimum amounts in terms of scholarship or study aid are approved each academic year by the Teaching Committee, delegated from the Governing Council.
An exception may be made when the collaborating entity is a not-for-profit entity and register the student in the general Social Security system.
The economic amount received by the student is, in any case, in the form of a scholarship or study aid, it must be paid directly by the collaborating entity and is subject to the fiscal regime that is applicable to it.
The existence or non-remuneration and the amount and form of payment, if applicable, are determined in the annex to the agreement of each practical stay.
High and contribution to the social security (only for paid practical)
Students perform internships related to the university and will be paid to similar workers employed persons for the purposes of inclusion in the General System of Social Security. Consequently, students should be given high and low for Social Security, and will eliminate the contributions to the Treasury of the Social Security according to the rules laid down.
- The requirement established in this rule only applies to paid internships, both curricular and extracurricular, although in the case of curricular practices are discounted to 100%, as the additional set 25th Royal Decree 8/2014, of 4th july, "de aprobación de medidas urgentes para el crecimiento, la competitividad y la eficiencia", published in the BOE on Saturday, July 5. That is, in the case of paid internships curriculum companies and organizations that welcome students will not have to pay social security contributions.
- The company or organization to finance the training program will be condition EMPLOYER , assuming the rights and obligations established by the Social Security General Regime. It is the responsibility, therefore, of the company or organization to register and get the General System of Social Security for the student, according to current regulations.
- The trainee will enjoy the coverage corresponding to the Social Security General Regime, unemployment benefits except la prestación de paro.
Any placement students have a tutor and mentor to the business center (ETSE-URV), which is responsible for the monitoring, supervision and assistance during the period of the agreement. Its functions are detailed:
Company tutor functions
- Set, guide and supervise the work to be carried out by the student.
- Evaluate the student activity in the company and issue reports as appropriate.
- Report ETSE-URV tutor any incident.
ETSE-URV tutor functions
- Assess the adequacy of the work content of each qualification and determine the objectives of the placement.
- Evaluate the student based on the assessment made by the company tutor and the report submitted by the student.
- Guide them and help them in their dealings with the company.
- Keep informed coordinator of the incidents ETSE and/or breaches of the student, institutions or companies and evaluate the collaboration provided.
- Monitor practices and visits to schools that receive trainees, as appropriate.
The ETSE-URV tutor will be, in any case, a teacher according to your degree. Check the list of academic tutors.
Recognition of professional experience for the practical subject
Practices in summer
Undergraduate students or master students that, despite not having enrolled for the course of the Placement course, plan to take it during the summer period, must submit this application. This application applies only for curricular practices.
ETSE Practical Bank
The practicals bank ETSE is designed to facilitate understanding of our students and contact with business environment through cooperation agreements.
In the list of offers internships the students can find the deals that various companies have been sent to school and have been accepted as fit the profile of the degrees offered at the center.
Companies can offer placements for students of the center. To do so, you must register on the website of the school and fill in the bid proposal. This, once validated, will be posted on the website and the students will be able to view and register. At the end of the registration period fixed, companies can view the resumes of students enrolled and make the selection.
For questions contact to OSD calling 977 55 96 06 or by email email@example.com
Processing of placement agreement
To formalize a placement is necessary for the company, the student and the ETSE sign an agreement.
To start the processing of this agreement the company must register at the School website and fill out the application placement agreement. You can check the fields to fill in the following document.
At the time of submitting the application the student must have passed the credits necessary to carry out the practices: 120ECTS with the exception of the double degree of Biotechnology and Computer Engineering in which he had surpassed 144 ECTS.
The Office of Support to Direction the ETSE (hereinafter OSD) reviewed the data and, if everything is correct, the agreement drawn up and will send three copies in pdf format (one for each side) by email the contact person of the company and the student. Once printed and signed you need to get the original OSD to the director of the school to sign.
Once the internship, the student has the right to the company will make a certificate (annex 3) explicitly detailing the activity, duration and, if applicable, its performance.
IMPORTANT: The processing of the agreement should be started at least one week before the start date of the internship.
Any questions about the procedure, please contact the OSD by calling 977 55 96 06 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Documents related practices
- Application form
- Annex 1. Confidentiality agreement Final Project Degree (TFG), Final Project Master (TFM)
- Annex 3. Internship Certificate Program
- Annex 4. Extinction model educational cooperation agreement per mutual agreement
- Annex 6. Document extension of educational cooperation agreement
- Royal Decree 592/2014, of 11th July, regulating the external academic practices of university students.
- Royal Decree 8/2014, of 4ht July, approving urgent measures for growth, competitiveness and efficiency.
- Royal Decree 1493/2011, of 24th October, regulating the terms and conditions for inclusion in the General System of Social Security for people who participate in training programs.
- Royal Decree 861/2010, of 2 July, by which modifies the Royal Decree 1393/2007, of 29th October, by which establishes the organization of official university studies.
- Regulations placement of the URV.
- ETSE's external work experience guide.
- Statute college student, approved by Royal Decree 1791/2010 of 30th December.
Legal and cover
The relationship between the student and the partner is strictly academic in nature and will never work. The bond is an agreement of collaboration between the company or institution and the university in which the partner receives a trainee for a limited time. For this reason, the student receives no remuneration wage character. However, the partnership agreement may specify that the company received a fee for the scholarship.
Student's social security is guaranteed by compulsory insurance charge. In the case of paid placement company must register the student in the General System of Social Security, which will enjoy coverage for that except the unemployment benefit system.